Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

February Challenge: No Moisturizer

As an utter skincare addict, I'm simply unable to leave my skin on the same regimen for too long; there's always something left to be done, right? Well, this month I've decided to roadtest one of the most controversial claims in the skincare world; namely, that not everybody needs a moisturizer.


Shock horror, no moisturizer?! That cannot be! Basically, the proponents of this approach differentiate between moisturizing and hydrating, and if you want to know more about the subject, I refer you to the very informative video by Kathy, which you can watch here.

I think I qualify as a perfect example of someone who might not need moisturizing, as my skin is very oily but mostly hydrated ever since I stopped using harsh cleansers. For the month of February, I vow not to use any moisturizer on my face except for eye cream. I will cleanse with my Alaffia's Shea Butter & Rooibos Facial Cleanser, rinse with water, tone and apply acne treatments as needed. For daytime, I'm going to add a fine layer of sunscreen, some exfoliation/mask twice a week, and voila!

Of course, the challenge is not about strictly eliminating all moisturizing ingredients from my skincare routine, which would be rather impossible since most cleansers, toners, sunscreens or even acne treatments have some sort of moisturizing properties. It's more about establishing whether oily skin needs that extra boost by using a moisturizer per se, or whether its lipid barrier is strong enough to deal on its own. What I'm hoping to see is an improvement in the oiliness of the skin throughout the day without any dry patches and hopefully an increase in the clarity (less clogged pores).

I'm quite excited by this challenge and can't wait to see the results! I'll update you in the beginning of March on my experience. What do you think? Would you like to take the challenge with me?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar