Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rimmel | Match Perfection Foundation


 Rimmel | Match Perfection Foundation | £6.99 (link)

Ever since I found and fell in love with my beloved YSL Touche Eclat foundation (of which I am still madly in love with and probably always will be forever and ever and ever - there's a review I did a while back here, if you're interested) I stopped buying any other foundations and stuck to my trusty new partner in crime. However, when the bottle started to get a little lighter and I realised I was getting down it rather quickly, I decided it would probably be a good idea to opt for a cheaper option to use alongside it. My YSL is all very well and good, but I craved a bit more variety in my routine. So, like a woman on a mission, I took to the shelves of Boots to track down a new purse friendly favourite - my first port of call being Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation. I'd heard a few good things about it, and after swatching a few shades I realised I quite liked the texture of it and promptly put it in my basket.  I've been using this foundation now for a good couple of months or so now, and I really, really like it. In fact, I'd go as far as to say I actually love it. 

The Match perfection foundation is a little heavier than the foundations I usually go for. I'm all for my dewy, light coverage foundations and this one is very much more of a medium coverage - saying this, it does manage to cover more or less every single flaw on my face, and doesn't feel heavy or caked on.  It's also more of a satin finish, not quite matte, but not overly dewy at all; it's what I would call a perfect middle ground.  If you're looking for a general, all round foundation then this would be a fabulous option to go for - I also don't find it drying or oily - it is very much smack-bang in the middle of everything! It makes my skin look virtually flawless and applies really well with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I manage to get a good 5 or 6 hours wear out of this foundation before I need any 'top-ups' - it really does last a great deal longer than any other 'drugstore foundations' I have tried and I've found myself using it over my YSL! I've actually had people comment on my skin when wearing this - I don't know what it is, but something about it just works for me! I've shared a few swatches on the back of my hand above - the consistency isn't runny, but its certainly very blendable and not at all cakey (I'd been swatching products all morning and the back of my hand looked rather mottled to say the least - I can honestly say it's not due to a dodgy spray tan ;)) It feels so light on the skin and almost undetectable in natural light - because it isn't completely matte it gives that fabulous 'second skin' effect.

I really can't tell you how much praise I have for this little bottle.  I always used to think their Wake Me Up foundation was the bee's knees but after trying this one I can fully say I prefer it ten times more - it is miles above any other budget foundation I've tried and lasts one heck of a lot longer!  It just really seems to suit me and my skin. I have combination skin so I find it works very well, as it's moisturising enough for the dry areas but not so moisturising that it slides off my face.  In fact, when this bottle runs out I will be dashing out to grab another quicker than you can say 'product rave'.  The shade selection is fairly good - for reference, I use shade '200 - Soft Beige' which is the darker of the lighter shades, somewhat in between a light and a medium on the shade scale. It's quite yellow based too, which is a massive plus for me as it blends in with my skin tone very well and doesn't make me look orange throughout the day (yippee for umpa-lumpa avoidance!).  All in all, I'm really enjoying using it and it's fast become my go to foundation for daytime use - it even smells nice and fresh. I still love my YSL, but if I'm ever having a cruddy skin day then I tend to opt for this as it provides me with a bit more coverage.  For those of you who prefer a heavier, full coverage it might not tick all of your boxes - although to say it's a medium coverage it manages to smooth out flaws very well and the satin finish means it still gives that 'perfect skin' effect.  It's a smashing little all rounder and if you're after a new foundation to try, I really do recommend you give it a little test in store...It might just become your new budget favourite too.


Have you tried Rimmel's Match Perfection? Did you like it as much as me or did it not float your foundation-boat?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar