Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Things I've Learnt While Being Pregnant

Hello my lovelies,

Thought I'd try a different blog post today. I've seen a few pregnancy related posts so I wanted to write my own one about my experience being pregnant.
I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant with my first baby, my little baby boy, and luckily for the past few weeks things have been going well *touch wood they'll continue to do so*. This post won't be all things pretty about pregnancy, I wanted to keep it real but at the same time don't want to put any of you off of having children.

The start of my bump pictures.

1. Morning sickness. Why do they call it that? It's never just in the morning, can come at any time of day. Some women are really lucky and don't get it at all, others may just get the nausea. Unfortunately for me, a brief fling with hyperemesis and a few weeks of nausea and sickness and it finally passed around 20ish weeks or so.

During my one night stand with hyperemesis. 

2. Nosebleeds. I never knew this was a thing during pregnancy. I'd never heard of nose bleeds being a symptom or even remotely related to pregnancy. Luckily, its not as bad as it sounds. The midwife explained that its just because things soften so just by knocking your nose there could be a little bleed but nothing major. I'd rather that than the sickness that's for sure.

3. Sleeping positions. At the moment this hasn't been such a problem, and luckily it'll stay that way. I'm not a stomach sleeper so not being allowed to sleep like that isn't a problem for me. I do still find myself tossing and turning from one side to the other during the night though, and wake up at least twice for trips to the bathroom. Thankfully its not been too bad so far, hopefully it doesn't get worse any time soon.

We reached the halfway mark!

4. The feeling of kicks and wiggles. I know this will be one thing I'll miss when my boy is here. At first it was strange and I couldn't get used to it. It's hard to describe the feeling but the best way I found was that it was like bubbles popping at first. As I've got further along his kicks have become harder and when he kicks hard enough I can actually see my stomach move. I love knowing that he's so active, just makes me excited to meet him. I find that he's most active in the evenings which is when Nick and I are together so he's able to feel and see our baby boy move around too, and baby is able to hear his daddy talking to him. This part of pregnancy makes me very happy and excited indeed.

5. Pregnancy glow. Where is this? Is it a myth? At first all my skin did was break out and got a bit crazy. Luckily that's gone down and my skin seems to be getting back to normal slowly, but still no sign of a pregnancy glow. I was never sure it was a real thing, so whether it is or not, I don't miss it and it doesn't bother me not having it.



These are just a few things I've noticed so far, 14 weeks to go and I can't wait to meet my baby boy. Its going so fast, it's crazy! People keep asking me if I'm getting nervous or scared yet, and I'm not sure. I know I'm looking forward to being able to hold him and look after him, but at the same time I still think there could be things I need to learn about being a mum. I know that will be come when he's here though, learn as I go along. When I found out we were having a boy, I was excited, but also one of the first thoughts that came into my head was 'I don't know how to look after a boy'. It will be a learning experience that I'm excited to go through, and excited to be doing so with Nick by my side.

Scary to think though that in just over 10 weeks I'll be considered full term, and with how fast its been going so far we'll see how long it feels like this will take to come around.

For now though, and until next time,
Thanks for reading :) x

Comparing 14 weeks to 26 weeks.
Excited! 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar