Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

CHANEL STYLO EYESHADOWS IN BEIGE DORÉ (157) & BLEU NUIT (207)

As part of Chanel's latest collection for eyes (Eyes Speak Volumes) they released five new Stylo (Fresh Effect) Eyeshadows - all limited edition shades (all Stylo Eyeshadows usually are it seems). I purchased two and I'm finally posting my review here after bubs went to bed a little earlier tonight than expected (huzzah!  Thank you for your patience! ;-)).

Packaging
The cream eyeshadows are packaged as a convenient, lightweight, easy to carry retractible crayon so no need to sharpen.  The tips are slanted to fit the contour of the eye lids nicely for direct application.  Overall, it's simple, practical and sleek.
Colours & Finishes
Bleu Nuit - midnight blue with an iridescent sheen finish.
Beige Doré - golden beige with a strong metallic frost finish.

Comparison Swatches
Below are comparison swatches of the eye shadows and other cream eye shadows (in pots rather than in stick or crayon form) I have that I found were the closest match.  For reference, these were swatched on my medium to tan, olive skin tone (~NC30-35) and photographed indoors using a strobe.
Tom Ford's Night Sky (cream only) is a little darker and has more visible shimmers compared to Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Bleu Nuit.  Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Norma Jean has a pink undertone rather than gold and not as intensely frosty in finish compared to Chanel's Beige Doré.

Formula, Pigmentation, Texture & Longevity
Upon application, the cream eye shadow gives a nice, cooling sensation leaving your eyes feeling fresh.  It's highly recommended that the cap be secured back on the pen after each use to preserve this effect in the formula.  Note, according to Chanel, this product cannot be used as a kohl along the inner eyelid rim.  If you wear contact lenses, this product is suitable for you as well as it has been ophthalmologist tested according to Chanel.

The pigmentation is excellent.  The texture is a smooth and creamy enough to glide on the skin easily.  There's ample time to blend the product out before it sets as it blends really easily - it doesn't take much time or effort to do so anyway.  On my dry, dehydrated skin and without the use of a primer, I find it doesn't crease or settle into the crease of my eyes.  It also lasts from first thing in the morning through til I take it off late in the evening without any noticeable fading.  

Ingredients
Click on image to enlarge.
Overall
Unfortunately, I personally found Beige Doré too frosty for my liking and too harsh against my medium to tanned skin, so I could have done without it.  However, I adore Bleu Nuit.  I'm naturally partial to blue (it enhances brown eyes in particular), but when it's this pigmented and easy to apply using a crayon-style applicator - it's a must have in my book!  Despite not receiving much hype in the general blogosphere (I'm not sure why!), Stylo Eyeshadows are among my personal favourite makeup ranges from Chanel and I always pick at least one up whenever they release new colours so I highly recommend them. ^_^

Availability
Out now for a limited time while stocks last in Chanel beauty boutiques and counters in David Jones and Myer stores across Australia.









Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar