Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review and Swatches: Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette 01 Ashy Radiance

If there's a product that's really hard to find in our drugstores, that's a contour bronzer or kit that isn’t too warm or too orange. You can find few products for contouring online (Sleek, Makeup Revolution, NYX Taupe blush ...), but in physical drugstores it’s almost impossible to find a good contour product. Catrice and Essence decided to step forward and each brand created two contour palettes – one for fair skin and one for darker/tanned skin. I haven’t try Essence product yet, but I bought Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette immediately and was impressed. Contour palette exists in two shades: 01 Ashy Radiance and 02 Warm Harmony. 01 Ashy Radiance has a greyish brown bronzer and champagne highlighter, while 02 Warm Harmony has a warm brown bronzer and golden highlighter. Although I was quite tanned at the time I was buying this contour palette, I decided for a lighter shade, because 02 seemed too warm for me. 


The packaging is a simple plastic packaging with transparent lid, as is usual for Catrice, and it’s nothing special. On the back there’s ingredient list and a picture tutorial, where to apply which product. The palette contains 10 g.


Contouring bronzeris a bright brown shade with slight grey undertone and the colour payoff is good. The brush bristles pick it up very nicely and I usually apply it in few coats to achieve the look I want. Its texture is very silky, and it blends easily. It looks good on tanned skin as well, but the shade is perfect for people with fair skin. I used it on my friend when I was doing her makeup for the wedding. She was much paler than I back then and it was a perfect contouring shade for her. The staying power is very good, but on the other hand I have to consider the fact that I like to apply my cheeks products strong, which immediately means better staying power.

Many bloggers seem not to be fond of highlighter, but I kind of like it. It a champagne, not so pigmented highlighter with fine shimmer, easy to build up and it gives a nice shine to the cheeks. Although I’m a huge fan of golden highlighters (Essence Gold Digger being my favourite) I do like other shades of highlighters as well. On me it looks more white than champagne, but that doesn’t bother me at all. I apply few layers to achieve the shine I want, but I did notice that it fades away a bit faster than better pigmented highlighters. 


Till now my favourite bronzer for contouring was brown shade from Sleek Face Form Kit. It’s definitely an amazing product, but in comparison with Catrice bronzer more brown, which makes is less appropriate for people with cool tone. Otherwise the texture of Sleek’s bronzer is silkier and pigmentation better. Considering the quality, Sleek has better bronzer, considering the shade, the winner is Catrice, because its bronzer has grey undertone.

If I compare highlighters, which seem very close in the packaging, Sleek’s highlighter has stronger pearly finish and it’s not as subtle as Catrice highlighter. Actually, its colour payoff is amazing, the texture very silk, it contains more shimmer and it has stronger pink undertone. It also doesn’t look as white on my skin as Catrice.


Catrice definitely made a great job with Prime and Fine Contouring palette. It’s really amazing that our drugstores are finally selling products for contouring (that are not single bronzers with mostly orange undertone). The shade of a bronzer is brown with grey undertone, which is the reason many people will love it, and highlighter is also lovely, if you’re a fan of subtle highlighting. I bought this product in Müller for 4,69 €.

Have you tried Catrice Prime and Fine Contouring Palette? How do you like it? Thank you for reading!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar